Monday 10 April 2017

~ Zoo - Logo development ~

After the initial experimentation I spoke with the client and he told me the changes he wanted - notably a monkey/tree dweller adding to the logo design. 






These are my variations, using different monkey positions/movements and composing them in different ways within the logo. I had to consider how the addition of monkey would change the balance of the logo and how the positioning of the type needed to help keep the balance even so it looks complete.

I considered the type variations I had played with previously - using something hand rendered to give the cafe that community driven and personal feeling.


This is my final logo design, balanced out well between the monkey climbing the tree and the type. I've also included the circular version so the client can see how it would work on t-shirts etc. for the staff. 


I've also experimented with producing these more worn versions. I feel the addition of texture really gives it that hand produced and personal feeling that the client wants from this re-branding. 



I created a quick overlay of the logo onto a jungle/zoo type image. To show how creating both a positive and negative version of the logo reduces the usage limitations. Means you can use the logo in any capacity, perfect for social media promotion etc. 








Upon the clients request I produced a set of variations of the final logo design so it could be used as and when each design felt most appropriate in the collateral and anything he wishes to make in the future.

I made 2 type logos, 2 logos in circles both normal and worn and 2 of the standard logo.

His favourite was the designs in the circle, the full design to be used in social media and for the painted sign for clarity and the worn version for the menu and uniform.




No comments:

Post a Comment