Tuesday 7 March 2017

~ Starpack - logo/branding ~

Buzzwords and icons to consider within my logo design were...

- Hexagons
- Food
- Bowls
- Leaves
- Symbols of time
- Symbols of health
- Simplicity

I want the overall concept and intelligent packaging to speak for itself and stand out through stock/colour/type choices so my logo needs to be minimal, straight to the point and simple in its execution. I felt a digital approach was most appropriate to portray a contemporary and professional tone of voice able to compete with other fast food delivery services out there.





These are variations of a minimal negative space logo - using symbolism of the bowl, hexagon and leaves. 





Further experimentation looked to simplify this logo and simply use the hexagon shape and others seen within the packaging concept (parallelogram, triangle, half hexagon).





I then experimented with some simple compositions using type. But I felt the logo needed to be more informed by the shapes of the actual packaging and overall concept. 







I created these last variations by creating 3D visuals of what each element of the boxes will look like. Meaning the logo itself is directly informed by the packaging concept and main focus of the brief. 

I had a crit on my ideas so far at this point. I found a new sense of direction in that I decided to create a really simple yet effective logo just using the basic shapes that made up the packaging. And a fluorescent bright green as it is representative of both healthy food but gives a contemporary feel on it rather than the more overused natural green. 



I decided the 3D images I produced could be used for the website concept as diagrams explaining how the overall concept works.

My final identity will feature 2 variations of the final logo. One with 3 basic shapes which make up the hexagon. And another very simple hexagonal shape logo. The typeface used is Format, its a very individual looking typeface which enhances the visual brand; making it more memorable. When you see this typeface you should know its this brand. Its sans serif, clean and simple; suggesting that the food products within are also clean, simple and healthy.

Overall I feel the minimal and simple identity is successfully representative of the healthy product and will appeal to a health conscious audience well. 



I then decided to animate the basic hexagon logo. In a way that demonstrates the different portion/meal options this packaging concept gives the customer. 


No comments:

Post a Comment