Monday 20 March 2017

~ Jessy Lanza - Brief ~

Create a printed poster for Leeds Print Festival - based upon the song Oh No by Jessy Lanza.



My initial thoughts upon listening to the song were...
- Positive
- Upbeat
- Bubbly
- Colourful
- Clean - electronic

I wanted to represent this digital yet organic sound created by the artist within my design.



I saved these images from the artists current visual identity, to get an idea of aesthetic related to the music genre and also her personal preference. The grime/techno scene is closely linked to a 'broken' and 'grunge' aesthetic in some aspects; but also brightness and positivity in others. 

Within the images on her website and online presence 'instagram' I felt a focus on the 'uncomfortable, worn and unloved' depicted in a way which saw them as beautiful and artistic. For instance the image of the broken keyboard, its photographed in a way that celebrates its destitute state. 







I collected some visual examples of the style print I feel expresses this genre of music well. I think bright colours and simple yet expressive use of shape/image is a perfect way of visually representing this song perfectly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment