Wednesday 22 March 2017

~ Chaice Blvd - Initial design ideas ~

The client requested I come up with some initial ideas and potential directions to take with the brand so we could discuss them in person. Keeping in mind the things she has mentioned in the initially brief this is what I came up with. 

She mentioned she wanted something mainly type orientated - type only logo and a potential logo mark that could be used alongside this. 


I started by trying out some potential typefaces that could be used - I wanted something individual and iconic that could set the brand apart - I went for typefaces that have blackletter/calligraphy influences as I feel these look individual and are iconic of street brand fashion which the client expressed an interest in. 


I experimented with the addition of a coat-hanger as its a minimal symbol but iconic of clothing.


I experimented further and felt the best fit in terms of typeface was BLUU NEXT as this is simple yet has various quirks that makes it really individual in appearance. I then began experimenting with creating a monogram type symbol logo out of the C & B.


This is the final logo I produced. The type stands alone well and the individual looking typeface makes it bold and iconic. The monogram is simple, legible and well executed.


I chose to present these initial ideas in a pastel green - the client said she wanted black and white but I decided to pitch that light green was still minimal and a very gender neutral colour.


I created various compositions of the logo so when meeting the client she could tell me which direction she felt was most appropriate - to give me a full idea of what she likes and hates. 

I presented the potential to use black/white, pastel green - and also marble textures as I feel they are representative of high class fashion which is what the client wants to portray with her brand identity. 


 This is my presentation to take to my first meeting with the client. Starting with the two slides on the potential logo directions and the colour theory. 



 I then created additional slides mocking up the logos & identity onto potential collateral and fashion based elements to give her an idea of what they could look like in real life application.


Lastly - The client told me she really wanted to produce a tag design that stood out and would be an iconic part of the brand - making receiving the clothing a memorable experiance and possibly making something the buyer would actually keep. 

This slide includes visual examples of directions I could take with the label production...

- Scratch card
- Wax seal
- Perspex
- Lazer cut
- Metallic board
- Bubble foil stock
- Spray paint
- Small packet including badges and labels


No comments:

Post a Comment