Thursday 2 February 2017

~ Personal trainer branding - Initial ideas ~

To get a real clear idea of what the client wanted in terms of style/aesthetic for his brand I consulted with him. We agreed the clearest way of doing so was for him to create a Pinterest board featuring some fitness themed logos he personally found appealing.

This would give me an idea of how corporate, contemporary, fresh looking the design should be.


https://uk.pinterest.com/jayshaw220/business-logos/ - These are some images from the final pin board he put together for me.





Overall the logos are extremely simple, type orientated and professionally clean. These are considerations I will use in designing my logo design. Theres no particular theme in symbolism or colour which suggests freedom to choose/experiment with these things myself. Things visually considered to be iconic/symbolic of fitness are...

- Bodies
- Muscles
- Weights
- Fitness equipment
- Energetic lines/strokes
- The suggestion of movement
- Strong looking imagery/type
- Boldness

Alongside this visual research conducted by the client himself I decided to collect some examples of clean/simple, yet effective logo designs.





I collected some examples of monogram style logos. I felt this style of logo could be appropriate as a the bussiness is esentially the promotion of one individual.





I secondly identified negative space as a possible style of logo that could be produced for this brief/client. Its smart nature engages well with customers. I collected a group of examples.




Lastly I identified type only or mainly type logos as another logo style that would be appropriate for this client. Type only logos are bold and iconic of their brands. They are straight to the point and can be adapted and coupled with combination and symbol logos to allow the client to have variations within the brand identity.



No comments:

Post a Comment